Sunday, June 14, 2009

Birthdays, Galore!

I woke up this morning feeling very angry. So silly really...but as I feel overwhelmed with the amount of housework and deep cleaning I want to do, life doesn't stop and wait for me to catch up. This has brought me to tears of frustration today.

Silas' birthday was on Thursday last week. I've yet to have a chance to go shopping to pick up the gifts we want to get him. If Toy's R Us were open all night I'd have done it already, but with Jamie working late and not getting home until 10pm, I'm outta luck.

Malachi was 3 months old on Friday...this is the first time I've had to blog about it and even now, I should be tidying my house while the sweet one is in bed napping....yet instead of tidying, I really just want to crawl into bed with him and sleep the afternoon away. Can't do that with a bossy 8 yr old and a mischievous 3 yr old wandering in and out of the house!

It was my Dad's birthday on Saturday, him and mom stopped in over night and left first thing this morning for BC. Today is Father's Day as well...and then my mom's birthday is tomorrow!

So many regrets this weekend. I didn't have a chance to get cards made for them. My house is still a disaster. The birthday's are all over and I'm not ready for them to be here yet....I hate feeling unprepared....and life has gone on seemingly without me.

I'm ready to hibernate, it seems. Wake me up when I'm all caught up with all the "shoulds". When my house is in order and all I have to do is maintain it. I want to be able to hang out with the kids without chores looming over my head. I'd love a maid, but that wouldn't help me with my issues of responsibility in the home, now would it?! sigh
I'm going to tidy my house and hopefully vacuum my main floor....I will steam clean tomorrow. And somewhere in there, we will celebrate Silas' birthday.

1 comment:

paige said...

ok, well here's a positive thing - it's not Fathers Day till next Sunday - so you're still good on that one! :)
(((((hugs)))))
Can't wait to see you for lunch on Wednesday. Maybe it's time i sent my 2 bigs over to take your crew out for a bit & give you a moment to catch up.