Monday, November 2, 2009

The Teacher by Leslie Pinckney Hill (1800-1960)

The Teacher

"LORD, who am I to teach the way
To little children day by day,
So prone myself to go astray?

I teach them KNOWLEDGE, but I know
How faint they flicker and how low
The candles of my knowledge glow.

I teach them POWER to will and do,
But only now to learn anew
My own great weakness through and through.

I teach them LOVE for all mankind
And all God's creatures, but I find
My love comes lagging far behind.

Lord if their guide I still must be,
Oh let the little children see
The teacher leaning hard on Thee."

Philippians 4:6,7 - Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Proverbs 3:5,6 - Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.

Proverbs 16:3 - Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.

Philippians 4:13 - I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

Nehemiah 8:10 - ...the joy of the Lord is your strength.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Psalm 121:1,2 - I lift my eyes to the hills--where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.

No comments: