Saturday, January 23, 2010

Paganism...it's EVERYWHERE...what's a girl to do!?!

So, I've often wondered what the big deal is about mythology stuff. I knew my parents didn't bother to teach us anything involving this, and I never saw the point of learning about it and teaching it to my kids...but I didn't know why! I'm happy to say that I will continue to follow my instincts on this issue, and here's why...
1Corinthians 14:20 "Brothers, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults." To me this is pretty straight forward! and then I'm led to this verse in Exodus!
Exodus 23:13 "Be careful to do everything I have said to you. Do not invoke the names of other gods; do not let them be heard on your lips."
And according to wikipedia Greek mythology is the body of myths and legends belonging to the ancient Greeks concerning their gods and heroes, the nature of the world, and the origins and significance of their own cult and ritual practices...hmmm, I think it's pretty obvious what I should and shouldn't be doing...others can study them and learn about them, but it is not for us.
So now I have another question...should we then change our calendars to that of the Hebrew calendar?? I mean even the very days of the week are paganistic! And how about the months of the year?
If we are not to even SAY the names of other gods, then I think perhaps we are a lot more off than what the world would have us believe...these are just some thoughts stemming from my research of the day....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like some very good research. Truth is not popular though ;-)

YHWH's Word says “Come out of her, My people, that you may not take part in her sins, nor receive a share in her plagues…” (Revelation 18:4)

There is judgment coming, since we now know the Truth, we are responsible to follow it. One can choose NOT to follow, but not the smart choice in the end...

I've found these websites very useful in researching:
http://hbcdelivers.s439.sureserver.com/index.php?s=pagan+gods and

http://www.googlesyndicatedsearch.com/u/bibletools?q=pagan+calendar&btnG=Search

May the Set-apart Spirit of YHWH lead you into all truth and strengthen your faith.
Mrs. T