Monday, May 10, 2010

The Feasts and Sabbath, do you know what they are?

As I study the Tenach (Old Testament) as well as the Brit Chadashah (New Testament), I see very plainly how off track mankind has become in reference to the days we celebrate. And it grieves me when Christians get very defensive about their holidays, saying, "Well that's not what it means to me.." or "We are redeeming these days for the Lord"...
Let me just dive right in for a minute and ask a question.  Is it important to obey Yahweh and seek out how HE wants us to worship Him? or is it more important to follow what the church teaches regardless of what Scripture says? 
I Samuel 15:23 says, "For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry.  Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king."When you know to do the truth, but do not do it, you are in idolatry of yourself because you have set yourself and what you think as higher than the thoughts of the living God who has spoken.  When you overthrow and reject what God has said, after you have known the truth, then you are in self-idolatry.  When you know to do the truth, but do not do it, you have set yourself as a god against the true and living God.
When I found out that it DOES matter to Yahweh that we keep the Sabbath,  I started to make changes right away, and although I'm not perfect or keep the Sabbath perfectly.  I'm trying, and I'm taking one step at a time to worship Him the way He has asked me to in His Torah.  Once I read this point blank in God's Word, I could not turn my back on it and say, "Well, *I* worship Him on Sunday because it's more convenient for me and that's the way the church does it." I have yet to find any Scripture verse that hands the authority over to the church to change God's Word.  And I am responsible for my own personal obedience to Yahweh.  All by myself will I have to answer to Him on Judgment day for all the times I was a hearer and not a doer of His Word, James 1:22 "But be you doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves."  Yikes!  This keeps me in a constant state of repentance to be quite honest.  sigh.


 
The other thing I'd like to address, is that Yahweh didn't ask us to redeem pagan holidays either.  He asked us to avoid even learning about them!  Take Easter and Christmas, they are more wrapped up in paganism than they are in anything that has to do with Yahweh! For example, Christians have tried to relate the Easter egg to the trinity (which I have yet to find in the Holy Scriptures...), ummm, isn't this just taking the pagan holiday rituals and trying to worship Elohim in the same way? This is called an abomination!! 
Deut. 12:30-32
30take heed to thyself that thou be not snared by following them, after they are destroyed from before thee, and that thou inquire not after their gods, saying, `How did these nations serve their gods? Even so will I do likewise.'
   
 31Thou shalt not do so unto the LORD thy God, for every abomination to the LORD which He hateth have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burned in the fire to their gods.
   
 32"What thing soever I command you, observe to do it. Thou shalt not add thereto nor diminish from it.
Yahweh, thankfully is full of grace and mercy, Grace being God's divine influence on the human heart and Mercy being the measure of time it takes to understand what Yahweh is teaching us.
He has been watching us pass these pagan traditions on down to our children for thousands of years now...how long will He continue? When will we see the truth? When will His children search His Word and change their ways to mirror His? When will we realize that all those "laws" in the Torah are for our GOOD and not our DEMISE?!  John 14:21,
He that hath My commandments and keepeth them, he it is that loveth Me; and he that loveth Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will manifest Myself to him.
It can't get any better than that!!  Do I think we should keep His commandments with a grudge? NO!  We should only keep them if we are doing it because we love Him!  Keeping His commandments shows Yahweh that we love Him and want to worship Him the way He has told us to in Leviticus!  This should not be a hard thing to do, but something that causes us to have joy.

I want to challenge you to search the Scriptures for yourself and enjoy the Feasts of the Lord instead of the pagan holidays.  You will find that they are so fulfilling!  Set up your nativity scenes and celebrate the birth of Yahshua during the Feast of Tabernacles this year!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Excellent post! What a joy and delight it is to walk in His statutes and commandments for they lead to life! These appointed times are rehearsals! Our family is already looking forward to Sukkot with anticipation and we haven't even celebrated Shavuot yet :-)

Shalom to you my sister! I've missed your entries and teachings...