Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Yummy Raw Granola Bar!

So I got this recipe from a friend and I have no idea where SHE got it from! So I'm just gonna say the author is my friend, Juanita. Here it is!  Just made some this afternoon, Mmmmm.

In the food processor...
1 cup warmed dates (warmed in hot water)
1 cup almonds
1/2 cup raisins, sesame seeds, quinoa, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, oats, coconut. 
grind the above ingredients into a meal like texture, then tranfer to a big bowl.
If it is not sticky enough to form a ball, then add some honey and/or peanut butter until it is mixed well and will form a ball.  Each ball should be about 32 grams. I actually use a scale so I don't get carried away with monster balls...lol

You can substitute the raisins with cranberries and I'm sure many other things.  I didn't drain my dates very well this time so I didn't need to add any honey, just 1 Tbsp of peanut butter in order to make balls.  After making into balls I like to elongate them so they are more like granola bars.  this time I popped them in the dehydrator at 105 F and will check on them in an hour.  Just to help set them and so they don't stick as much.

I'll be enjoying this snack tomorrow for breakfast!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

YUM! I have been wanting to try dehydrating a few things- ex. fruit. Can you do it in a regular oven or must you have a dehydrator?

Lori-Dawn said...

You don't even have to dehydrate it at all! the original recipe doesn't say to. I just thought I'd try it and see what happens...LOL You could do it in your oven and just turn the light on in there and it warms it, but a dehydrator has fans that blow the warm air all around it, so not sure if there'd be any point.