Monday, December 15, 2008

Baby news and other fun stories...Oct. 18/08

Well, I am now feeling little flutters from our littlest one...I am 17 weeks and 3 days...158 days to go until the official due date...well, if you follow due dates, lol I've heard the heartbeat with my fetoscope a few times, but I find the fetoscope really uncomfortable in my ears so I can't listen for too long...I started my pregnancy at 120lbs, and am now at 130lbs and have officially 'popped' within the last couple of weeks...lol No hiding this baby anymore! Not that I even want to! haha
Our family life is changing dramatically! We have a new border and we're enjoying having her with us, causing us all to grow in maturity and Christ's love. And at the same time my wonderful husband has been convicted of our lack of proper stewardship of our time. So the TV is getting the boot to the curb and our internet time is going to be limited a lot more as well...no more wasting our evenings just playing poker online or Lord of the Rings for hours on end. There's so much better options of filling that time! Like reading together or listening to some teaching tapes we received from Bold Christian Living !! Just increasing our time with the Lord and our family instead of wasting it on mind numbing activities. I'm so excited about this change in our lives! And as we've been changing our daily routine, the Lord has been placing a vision in our hearts. We feel called to help others in a bigger way than 'normal' , but then when do we ever do things normally...lol I'll keep you posted on the progress of this vision and share as things happen. Right now, we need a bigger house to accomodate this vision...there just so happens to be a huge house with an undeveloped basement of 2200 sq feet in an area very close to where most of Jamie's clients are located, and this house is the grand prize in a hospital lottery. Hmmm, we bought one ticket knowing that if this is where God wants us, then all we need is one ticket. So we'll see, and if that doesn't work out, then we know that God has something much better in store and that is groovy with us!!! lol
It's been fun to look back and see where God has brought us from and wondering where exactly He's leading us. I know I'm being really vague, but it would just take too much time to write it all out. I just feel God's hands are all over our lives and I love it! I love living in a state of expectancy.
Homeschooling is going well! Silas is doing great learning how to read and next week we'll be reviewing his Advanced lessons of ABC's with Ace and Christie and then we'll move on to another phonics program that has a lot more actual reading in it, and I think that will boost his confidence hugely! yay! We'll also be doing a year's worth of Health this month through Experiential Education, I just have to print out all the info and get it all ready to start. That's my big job for Monday! lol But then we also have the Canadian Oil Conference all week as well...so with sessions in the morning and evenings, not sure what's going to get done this next week.
Feast of the Tabernacles, we celebrated this feast in part on Thursday with a group of other homeschoolers. Learning about WHY we should celebrate this holiday even though we aren't Jewish...Christians would benefit from celebrating some of the Jewish Feasts as well...they are reminders of our past but also reminding us of what Christ did for us on the cross and there are still prophecies that are not fullfilled yet that some of the feasts remind us of. I love the A Families Guide to Biblical Holidays, it has been wonderful in explaining the relevance to Christians...I highly recommend it!
Anyhow, that's about it so far...
3 CommentsPost A Comment!Permanent Link

No comments: